8.29.2013

We be all official and stuff.

Alright alright alright, I would be severely remiss if I did not acknowledge the current blessings in my life after that last post, so let me redeem myself here, starting tonight with... 
engagement!

I'm pretty sure every human who reads my blog has met this boy I love named Joe, but on the off chance that I have readers who have not had the pleasure, please enjoy a picture:
He proposed two weeks ago with two hand-written songs, two Costa salads, and two tickets to the play that brought us together (AIDA). Oh and a ring!! For me, it was a done deal when I saw the Costa, but I still made him ask the question. And you're darn right I said yes.

Since we got engaged, life in general hasn't been all butterflies and rainbows, but our time together has been pretty close. I stress out easily, it turns out, but he calms me down. I postpone reception decisions, and he reminds me of what really matters. I hate making phone calls and applying for jobs and other hard to-do list items, but he helps me buckle down to finish what I start.

And these aren't the only things; they're what came immediately to mind from recent days. 
I just can't wait until we're a little family!

But don't worry, you'll hear from me again before then. I have other big blessings to blog and big life changes, what with school and work starting a new schedule, so stick around and I'll come spill the beans on those as well.

For now, tonight, I am feeling very blessed.
And life is good.


3 comments:

  1. I could've sent you a picture from the actual night I proposed. I look much better in those anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you telling Lacey and I about him years ago.. and us thinking you guys were the cutest. I'm so so happy for the two of you. I think so highly of you and wish you both the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annie. I miss seeing you around but hope life is swell!!

      Delete