9.05.2024

Articles of Life 13

I rewrote the statements of faith which I memorized as a child so that they now reflect my beliefs as a 30-year-old adult. Each statement had a song to help with memorization, and I have written my statements to match the music of those original songs.


Here is my Article of Life 13:

I believe people are honest, true, kind, benevolent, virtuous, and that everyone is trying. Indeed, I might say that we all do the best we can with what's ours. We can love ourselves, we trust ourselves, we have inherently good selves, and we hope to be able to enlighten all selves. If there is anyone needing help, wanting rest, or otherwise in suffering: I seek after these folks.


Here is the original song and wording from the LDS church materials (starts at 28:54):

2 comments:

  1. I love these. Thanks for sharing. (Side note, I stumbled on your blog last week, I think it was via Instagram, a comment you made on a post by Brit Hartley? Or maybe NuanceHoe? Or something along those lines? Anyhow, I'm glad I found my way here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are here! Thanks for reading and thanks for saying hi ♥️

      Delete