7.28.2015

Google does it again

I just learned about a cool thing!

Google will apparently back up your photos for free. In an unlimited way, apparently, if you let them downsize the quality a tad. Which apparently doesn't matter if you're not a real photog, like me, and just use your phone for everything all the time. (This is, at least, my limited understanding after about 5 minutes of research.)

So that's all nice and wonderful because I have been feeling a desperate need to back up my laptop files lately, and this is an imperfect but workable solution for about half of the valuable information stored on this old thing. That's a win.

But! It's a double win because then, when you upload your photos, the Google photo assistant will make animations and stylized photos for you, which I thought might could be a) stupid, and b) for purchase only,  but they are neither! Check out these GIFs Google made for me based on photos I took in rapid succession while we tended my sister's kids on July 4th:

They're not perfect, but they're pretty wonderful. Especially since I literally had to do nothing. I'm obsessed with this new feature! I'm off now to discover more about it, but in the meantime you just go and have Google back up your photos, k folks?

#googledoesitagain

No comments:

Post a Comment