3.21.2016

Stuff I learn 8

:: I went to the doctor on Friday! And I learned that other than the potentially cancerous moles all over my body (hi, I'm moley) and the blindness in my left eye (hi, I'm 20/70), I am "perfectly healthy." (TMI?) I probably shouldn't really include these facts on this list because I technically already knew about both of these health....issues? hazards?... But I also thought I would probably go on living with them beyond this doctor visit because they weren't bugging me before Friday. Why fix 'em now? (I'm going to fix them now.)

:: The presence of a visible mobile phone has a negative effect on conversation quality. Just having a phone on the table or on the couch or in your hand, even if you never use it during the conversation, is an intimacy killer. So next time you meet up with a friend for lunch, leave it in your purse or pocket! You will both feel better and closer afterward than if you had left it out. (Brought to you by the first few pages of this book.)

:: Dysentery is not just a disease you die from when you're playing Oregon Trail; it is alive and well today! One of my coworkers likely had it last week, and it put her in the ICU for a couple days. Uh, yikes. Apparently it just means really bad diarrhea (I won't elaborate more than that), but it's not, like, its own virus or anything. It is not a cause, but rather it has causes. Does this make any sense? Is this blog post medical enough yet?

I'd share a picture with this, but now that I review the chosen topics for this post, I think I should just leave you without one. Which works out well, actually, because I haven't hooked up my phone to my laptop in probably more than a few months, which means my latest pictures are from 2015. Uh, yikes. I will hook them up and share pictures of my life soon. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment