3.12.2014

Moms just know.

An excerpt from an email to my missionary friend this week:


And I had two little moments where I wanted to complain about being poor students this week: 1) I am tired of eating Ramen every day for lunch because it is not healthy and I want to eat healthy, and 2) I am suddenly burnt out on my wardrobe and I just want a new shirt! Haha these are lame, I know, but I didn't voice them or anything. I just complained in my head and then let it go. Anyways, I'm a drama queen. 

BUT Heavenly Father came through (as He always does) without my even asking. Check it: 

1) On Friday my mom posted an Instagram picture of her lunch and it was asparagus and cheese and she used to eat that all the time and I would always snitch a bite because it was yummy...and then on Saturday, asparagus went on super sale!! So hello, healthy lunches for this whole week. 

And THEN 2) last night we went to my parents' house to visit, and my mom was all, "Oh hey! Here's your bundt pan that I borrowed, and your mail from this week, and also I saw this cute shirt at Kohl's for 3 bucks and thought you might want it so I bought it for you!" And I was, like, almost in tears, haha. It's adorbs, and versatile, and I can match it with so much of what I already have and get a whole bunch of new outfits with one free shirt! I was so so happy. And I was amazed, yet again, at how well my Heavenly Father knows me. 

Striped shirts and asparagus, building testimonies every weekend. 




Also: Mom texted me today very soon after I had turned in a very (VERY) stressful paper to say "Love you. Miss you. Think the world of you. Paper done?" And then we chatted about the chicken salad I forgot to ask her about on Sunday.

Guys. Mommy instincts. They're a thing. 


Picture!
My cool mom and my cool uncle, of course. 
Just look at those mommy instincts radiating out of her.
They're a thing.



1 comment: