8.08.2014

Stuff I learn 6

:: Chickens can hold their heads perfectly still in space even if you wiggle their bodies around. This guy can explain why, but even if you don't care why, you should watch the video to see how hilarious it looks when this chicken performs her best trick:



Isn't that awesome?? Cousin Ashton told us about this and then informed us that apparently people have used chickens to film scenes that take place on boats in choppy water. Tie a camera to a chicken's head and they'll keep the camera steady for you! It's brilliant, really. And hilarious. (Okay, that last link is a joke, but searching "chicken stead..." brings up "chicken steadicam" automatically, so at least a few people have really played with this.)

:: Apparently you can rent state parks passes from many public libraries across Utah?? Except in my research on the topic I haven't found any mention of this feature later than 2011, so....maybe not. But you used to could! Either way, I am definitely calling my local library before I ever hike Stewart Falls again because I just hate paying to park up there.

:: While we were in California, my super cool cousin Caleb took us on a tour of Google's campus because he works there. And at one point, we were all enjoying some Google couches and foosball cricket when some guys came through the lobby we were in and chatted with us a for a second. After they left, Caleb asked if we knew who that was and we were all like, "uh...nope." Turns out it was Vint Cerf, the father of the internet! And this sounds like a brag that I met him but I didn't actually say a single word to him, so I'm not really gonna claim that. Buuuuut I did learn suddenly and permanently who invented the internet. I shall never forget.

STUFF. LEARNED. I love learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment