11.10.2015

A non-comprehensive list of things in which I believe

I believe in miracles.
I believe in comfortable clothes. Skirts, mostly.
I believe in names (but not for inanimate objects).
I believe in optimism.
I believe in a thing called love.
I believe that multitasking is a myth.
I believe in sunsets.
I believe in data.
And I believe in personal revelation.
(Really, I believe in listening.)
I believe in my students' ability to understand and to succeed.
I believe in learning from others. 
I believe in infinity.
I believe in explaining why you've posted a video because unless it is under a minute, I probably won't watch it.
I believe in the plants-over-pets movement (it's possible that I'm the only person who believes in this).
I believe in good food.
I believe in luck.
I believe in moving your body, every day, in some [small] form of exercise.
I believe in the power of music.
I believe that we will win!
I believe in positive reinforcement.
I believe in frugality.
I believe in me.
I believe in God.


4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so with you on the plants over pets movement! And this is a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We should make t-shirts and sell them. Kickstarter? Maybe?

      Delete
  2. You're such a wonderful woman. And my, what a dramatic picture! Were you inspired by Gone with the Wind by chance?

    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/dvd/warner/GWTW_3lg.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH it's a perfect likeness. I mean, yeah, I totally meant to do that...

      Delete