11.18.2015

Trapped!

Tenerife Sea :: Ed Sheeran
Rainy Zurich :: The Fray
Wherever You Will Go :: Charlene Soraia
Skinny Love :: Bon Iver
Warning Sign :: Coldplay
Foreigner's God :: Hozier
Syndicate :: The Fray
(Overture :: Sleeping at Last)
Paradise :: Coldplay

This is the playlist that my favorite Pandora station played for me today after school. I had about three leftover tests to grade, and test-grading is the only time I really listen to music during my work day, so I turned it on "just for a minute." 

.....

And then, NINE SONGS LATER, I finally walked out of my classroom and went home. Every time one song was close to ending, I'd start to pack up my things, ready to go home. But then the next song would start, and I'd think, "Oh! I love this song!" And I'd stall a little longer. I was trapped! Held against my will!

And this happened for nine songs, or about 30 minutes. Thirty minutes of wandering my classroom and tidying random corners and Googling random questions and writing random sticky note reminders and planning random bits of random upcoming lessons. All of this was stuff that didn't need doing today. Or maybe even tomorrow. Or maybe ever?

If you're wondering, the song that finally broke the chain was a Meghan Trainor single. I have no clue how she landed on this particular station, but I walked right out on her (sorry Meghan).

Tomorrow I have a first period prep period, and considering how very little I left myself to do after this afternoon finally ended, I think I might just take an hour long nap under my desk. That's a good use of paid work time, right?

And since I loved this playlist like crazy, I made an on-demand version via YouTube. I added a few other songs that I've fallen in love with because of this same Pandora station. You can listen to it here:




Ugh why do I just love all of the best music? We may never know, but now you can love it too. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Umm, yes. You have exactly the right type of taste in music. The best is when I don't want to do the dishes but I put my iPod in and do them anyway, and then right as I finish a great line of songs comes on so the rest of the apartment gets clean too! (I think that's happened exactly one time in my whole life--maybe I need you to come make playlists for me :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura! We are kindred music spirits. I use podcasts for dishes, but then I never keep being productive when I want to keep listening. I just wander the apartment in circles, holding my phone, haha. It's as pathetic as it sounds.

      Delete