9.08.2014

Journal entry: 7 September 2014

So this week was a doozy. It was the first week of school, which is always crazy, but mine was especially crazy cuz I hadn't decided my classes in advance. This has since settled, but I'm a little behind on homework cuz why do any homework if you might drop the class, am I right?

But on top of that, I also got my bubble ring stuck on my finger. Sometimes that joint gets swollen for no apparent reason, and it did that while my ring was on, and my whole right middle finger was super fat for like 5 days (and pretty hurty). So Dad cut my ring off with wire cutters tonight to avoid any gangrenous ER visits this week. I'm glad it's off my finger but I'm sad to lose that ring! And since everyone I've mentioned it to has asked if I tried using ________ to get it off, here's what I did try:
-water (cold)
-water (warm)
-hand soap
-dish soap
-body soap (Dove bar)
-PAM spray (twice)
-lotion
And the actual bone itself was too big for the ring cuz otherwise these were all really close. So don't think that I didn't try it all!!
Okay so that was crazy and worrisome, but then guess what happened last night? Some punk smashed our car window for no reason! And it's annoying cuz now I have to worry about rain and I have to file a police report and I have to tell my insurance people, and I already mentioned that I skipped all my homework last week, right? [Monday edit: it has indeed rained mucho in the last 24 hours and I have been stuck in it twice now trying to get my window covered sufficiently.]
But beyond that, it's also just really disconcerting. I have had to work at my feelings of safety in our neighborhood (I'm kind of a baby, but my fears are not unfounded), and now it's like I have to start back at square one. Cuz clearly it's not safe outside at night or my window would be fine, you know?

So I had me a lil pout and lil cry over all of that tonight. Cuz SHEESH EMOTIONS.

Oh- also, I decided in the last couple weeks that I just do not like my job. I like most of my coworkers, and I like my boss, but I don't like my actual job, as in what I actually do every day. I realized this when I noticed myself dragging my feet to get to work, dragging my feet at work, and running far and fast after work...every single day. So now I'm retraining myself to see my job as the blessing it really is but it's not been easy.

Hey, look at that- I have trials! I haven't had any of these for a while! But as per my usual with trials: when it rains, it pours [Monday edit: LITERALLY OKAY?]. It'll all be better soon, though. This I know to be true.

And I must mention while I'm here that Joseph is a saint. He took me on a dream date after a particularly awful work day. He surprised me by making dinner this week when I was stressed with school. He gave me a Priesthood blessing for my finger. And he's been so patient to listen to me be a bit whinier than usual. And he's been great at also reminding me that our life is still good. He lets me cry but encourages me not to wallow. Is that not perfection in husband form?? I love him.

So that's my life right now! I think I'm gonna go type this into a blog post...


2 comments:

  1. My cousins girlfriend just had this happen to her window too! Some rascals are on the loose! So sorry it happened to you too. Also, this happened to me with a ring once... and my dad had us go into the fire station and it took 5 huge firemen to cut this stupid ring off. HAHA. there was NOTHING that could get it off me. I feel your pain, and panic when those rings get stuck! Glad you cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your car! Especially since you were just telling us your feelings about your neighborhood. I'm also sorry about your ring! I know how hard it is to let one go. I'm glad your finger is safe now. Good luck with the window situation!

    ReplyDelete