9.15.2014

So long, summer + a manifesto wrap-up

Remember how I made a summer manifesto? Well guess what, folks. We pretty much did everything on there with just a few adjustments. Three cheers for a successful summer!


With Joseph, I planned to:
  + eat somewhere new, perhaps 180 Tacos or Black Sheep Cafe (we shared a Mountain West Burrito)
  + memorize a Toto album in preparation for their concert in August (Joseph memorized everything they've ever sung and I memorized their most popular ones)
  - hike hike hike, which implies hopefully at least three hikes (we traded this out for swim-swim-swim when we realized that our POAPs would last beyond July)
  + celebrate Independence Day like true Provoans (well, we didn't camp out on the parade route...)
  + go swimming? If it comes up. (see third item)

On my own, I planned to:
  - move out of my parents' house once and for all! So long, stuffed animals and sentimentality. (I'm about halfway through this one, but definitely not finished)
  + drink lots of water (yay!)
  + eat my 5-a-day, preferably with a 3-veggie/2-fruit combo on most days (yay!)
  + read books, including some from the library (I read a few books I owned but have never read, and I checked out some Charles Dickens from the library that I'm still working on)
  + write to missionaries (yay!)


And now I turn my attention to fall. I was asked the other day what my favorite season is. I responded that my favorite is always whichever one we're changing to. I get excited for each season when it's just around the corner. I get excited for fall when school is back in session. I get excited for winter when snow starts to fall. I get excited for spring when the weather starts to warm up. I get excited for summer when school gets out. And so on and so forth through every year of my life.

It's all very metaphorical. You understand.

But anyway, I of course need to tell you about my classes this semester in the near future (because I've got a couple that are a doozy), and I do have some fall semester goals that I might share, so expect to hear back from me soon! Especially since I no longer have a student teaching application or textbook returning stress to worry about this week. Aw yeah.

1 comment:

  1. I was totally thinking about your first of the semester post about classes the other day! I'm glad that is in the near future haha

    ReplyDelete