9.29.2014

A little blunder

Today I researched the gift I'm hoping to get Joseph for our anniversary. Surprisingly, I couldn't find it on Amazon, but I did find it on Walmart.com. Since it had been tough to find (by which I just mean that I had to refine my search terms once), I decided to send myself the link so I wouldn't have to re-search it again later when I was ready to buy. 

Now, I usually keep a running email chain from me to me of online things that I need to keep track of temporarily. I selected that chain from my email, pasted the link in a reply email, and clicked send.

And then I realized that I had chosen the wrong running email chain.

In fact, I had chosen the very wrongest running email chain, for it had sent my reply straight to...Joseph.

*facepalm*

So then I blushed a big old embarrassed blush while sitting at my work computer and tried to get back to focusing on what I needed to do. But I just couldn't! I decided it was a better idea to text him a warning that he was about to find out his present and that I was sorry to ruin the surprise and so on and so forth. This led to the following exchange:

A: I just ruined everything in my whole life IGNORE THE EMAIL I JUST SENT YOU ugggghhhhhhhhhhhh
J: Okay. I deleted it babe.
A: What? Without looking?? You are the best man ever and truly a saint.

And then I began to sing his praises from the rooftops. 

And then I made him some cookies.

And it probably sounds like I'm making a bigger deal out of it than I should, but this husband of mine really doesn't enjoy surprises. He's kind of okay with little ones (and this one's pretty little), but as a general rule, he'd rather be in-the-know than surprised. If I hadn't sent that warning text, he would have opened the email, clicked the link, caught on to my plan, and felt pleased to know what was up. And we would have had a good laugh over it at dinner.

BUT he also knows that I love surprises. I want to surprise, and I want to be surprised. And I stink at both, but I don't want to stink at both anymore. So although I totally and completely stunk at surprises today, and although he doesn't care one iota about the surprise aspect of this gift, he gave me another chance. Another chance at a thing that really doesn't matter either way to him but would make me really really happy. 

So then I felt like this: "I'm a lucky dog."

And gosh darn it, I love that guy.

And that's the story of today's little blunder.

2 comments:

  1. That happened to me once! I too used to keep a running email chain from me to me about online finds. When Jared and I first started dating, and were not even close to being engaged, I had been looking online for the perfect winter coat for myself that would be affordable and cute. I found a couple options, put links to all of them in an email, and went to send them to myself. Now, usually when I would type "La" into the "To:" bar, my name would come up first. But recently I'd been sending lots of emails to a cute boy named Jared LAmbert. I accidentally sent it to him. I didn't even realize what I had done until he sent a reply back to the email. "Well, I like all of them but coat #3 is my favorite. I like the color. They all look like good deals though!" I was mortified. Maybe he thought it was a hint, like "Buy me a coat for Christmas!" Fortunately he didn't think anything of it, except that he was super impressed by how great of deals I was able to find for a winter coat. I didn't know it at the time, but that was a crucial item on his list of "crucial qualities to be found in my perfect woman." Blunder for the win!

    ReplyDelete