12.08.2011

He's 50, but you wouldn't know it.


Happy birthday, father!

I know you all have seen this picture already. Tough.


My dad is so awesome. Check it out:

1) I know I say this about everyone, but his sense of humor is hilarious. Like he beats everyone else that I've already said it about.
2) He lives a very service-oriented life--to church, family, neighbors, strangers.
3) He listens to General Conference talks in his car, and he blasts MoTab.
4) He is Mr. Fix-It. He once changed our minivan's transmission all on his own. That's hard.
5) He has a strong testimony, and he lets us know it regularly. I admire that.
6) He also has strong opinions, and he lets us know them regularly. Don't say "Obama" at our house.
7) He works hard to support our family and to simply keep everyone happy.
8) He would love to live without TV and cell phones. I would love to join him. 
9) He teaches us by example. I know how he would have me act by watching how he acts.
10) He's shown me everything I need to look for in my future husband.

I've always had a special place in my heart for the idea of daddy-daughter relationships, which is because I've experienced an ideal one throughout my entire life. I could go on and on about the things I've learned from my dad, but I'd hate to show birthday favoritism, so I'll keep the list to 10 :)

I love you Dad! Thank you for everything you do for me every day. Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment