12.24.2011

I have sinned.



First of all, you should know that I am listening to the Buble Christmas album as I write this. I have debated all season over buying it, and that one missionary's mother gave it to me when I visited yesterday. I knew I always loved that family! (But for reals, best present ever.)


Christmas Eve in my family usually means lots of movies and lots of wrapping, and not a lot of leaving the house. This year was a little different. Today we went to Malawi's for lunch (which is amazing, by the way) to use up a gift card, and then all over town for some unnecessary shopping. Part of that shopping was at Williams-Sonoma.


If you're wondering, my favorite peppermint bark in the world is made by Williams-Sonoma. Also, it's stinkin' expensive.


So today Mom said she'd just run into the W.S. store to look at something real quick and then she'd be back. We were supposed to move the car to a closer parking spot in the meantime. Well, it does not require four bodies to move one car, so before the car got moving, I jumped out and followed her into the store. 


I walked right up to where she was standing and said a happy hello, noticing that she was right by the peppermint bark. She looked at me in a small panic and said, "You're supposed to be in the car!" 


Oops.


So I ruined that surprise. Since I suddenly knew about my present, Mom decided to declare that particular box of chocolate as family property. Not being a fan of this plan, I mused that maybe I could just buy my own box and savor it for the next month or so. Mom liked that idea. (No surprise! That means way more for the entire family...)


Essentially, it comes to this: instead of getting one free pound of my favorite peppermint bark, I did, in fact, buy my own pound of my favorite peppermint bark. $13.00. It was a worthy splurge, but don't think I don't wish I'd stayed in the car.




Nobody else in the world will eat a single bite of this. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment