5.07.2012

I guess summer started or something...

I accidentally took a break from my computer this week. 
I honestly didn't mean to, but it seemed like too much work to pull my laptop out of my backpack and plug it in. So I didn't. 
Good news: I survived, and I didn't even miss anything. 
I did have 137 blog posts in my Google reader, plus about 10 more on the private blogs I read and actually have to visit in person. 
That was kind of a beast to sort through. 
But now it's plugged in and probably going to stay that way because that was all too much work to do again next Sunday. 


Here are some things I did:
:: I saw The Avengers at midnight. Thought I'd fall asleep, didn't even come close because it was genuinely awesome and rather entertaining (read: funny). Slept in til noon because I didn't have class on Friday. All around win!
:: I gave a speech about myself in Public Speaking. I used visual aids in the form of common games (dominoes, Jenga, cards). It went fine-not-great (I'm trying to make that a stand-alone word. Is it working?).
:: I went to a Cinco de Mayo party last night and didn't walk into my house until 2:00 AM. That hasn't happened since...ever. But it was lovely to chat with Heather, so who needs curfews?
:: I hiked to a waterfall with two friends and had a rough round of Balderdash, but it was a seriously fun evening. 
:: I made a birthday present to send to someone in Mexico. It leaned toward sentimental (as opposed to useful), but I think he'll like it. Basically I wrote a lot of my favorite scriptures and a few other notes on a pad of sticky notes, with enough for about one note per week til next June. Also my mom was really awesome and sent some Nutella. 
:: I fell in love with a new guitar solo. This didn't used to happen so regularly...
:: I ate my first J-Dawgs hot dog. I don't like hot dogs. I liked this one a little bit.
:: I saw another movie that I kind of don't want to claim. But don't go see The Lucky One.
:: I attended Special Needs Mutual because it was roadshow week, and like the purple lady says in Anastasia, "We never mees eet!"
:: I learned that I speak like a Utahn. I don't think any of us can be rightfully surprise by that. I am proud of where I'm from, people!


And here are some things I didn't do:
:: I did not travel the world.
:: I did not get any mail. 
:: I did not finish my last chore on Saturday. 
:: I did not be frugal. 


Pictures forthcoming.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love this. Sorry to keep you up so late! But not really.

    ReplyDelete