1.27.2013

Maybe I'll share some quotes

Ok first of all, remember how I'm not a quote person? I really don't fall in love with quotes very easily because I think a good quote should be simple, and profound, and true for everyone yet simultaneously aware of those for whom it is not true, and utterly inspiring toward change or action, and meaningful both on the surface and deep deep down, and if it evokes some serious emotion that's nice too.

So basically, very few things fit in that category. I'm a quote snob. Even though one of my "things I'm working on" is to let myself be inspired by all different sources, I'm still a quote snob.

That being said, there are a few out there that I've found and loved, so I want to share them on here every now and then, starting now. But look for it in my next post because I don't want this disclaimer to be at the top of my very first quote post! That would be embarrassing. 

Also, while I'm disclaiming: I get my quotes from a few different sources (read: BLOGS), and then I put them all in one document on my computer...without links and without validating that the quote and the author actually go together in real life and not just on somebody's Tumblr. So. Let's just not get mad at me if I get something wrong because, let's be honest, those words hold significance for me whether or not that specific person actually ever said them or even whether or not they said them first. If I find something to relate to in the words of someone else, I'm going to like it regardless of who said it, probably. I tend to focus on the words more than the author.

And I don't quite know what else to put here to wrap this lil thought up, so....I'll just trail off now...

No comments:

Post a Comment