1.21.2013

Sharks say boom.

I need to post pictures from that one time I went to Cancun, but they're not all edited and sorted through yet (halfway there!!), so instead I'm going to tell you a funny story or two. 


(1)
Once upon a time, my family was watching Jaws. At the exact moment when the shark is shot in the water and there's blood everywhere, my 2-year-old nephew walked in. To downplay the scarring factor, Nana said, "Oh look! Shark went BOOM! Look at the pretty colors!" Or something. And I think he liked that idea.

And so now whenever you ask, "Emerson, what does a shark say?" he proudly answers, "BOOM BOOM!" 
It's truly adorbs.


(2)
A couple weeks ago, I was looking through my family history line on FamilyTree and found the following:
It was a little disconcerting, to say the least. I knew instantly that I wanted Alice's parents and siblings to be the family I would research. However, I also wanted to make sure that it's not just a bug in the system or a common mistake among amateur family historians or whatever before I plowed right into the research itself. 

So I went up to my professor after class the next day and said, "There's this part of my family tree where it shows two married people as having come from the same parents. Is that some sort of common occurrence?" (By which I meant all those possibilities for error that I listed above.) And she responded, "Well, no. It's illegal and incestuous." And I thought that was hilarious because she totally knew what I meant but decided to pretend otherwise. Needless to say, I like her.






In other news, my life is one big ball of emotional turmoil as of late, so that's fun. I don't want to go into all the deets and I'm not asking for sympathy (because sympathy is always always always the worst thing to offer me under pretty much any circumstances), but if anyone ever wants to get ice cream for any reason, I'd be down with that.

3 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title of this post I thought to myself " brought to the blogosphere by Emerson "
    And gosh I love stories for me from you. So, ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And also, best of luck and much haste in fixing our family history. We don't want to be THOSE people. :-) So set those records straight! Boom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And also, best of luck and much haste in fixing our family history. We don't want to be THOSE people. :-) So set those records straight! Boom.

    ReplyDelete