11.12.2013

Doodle

There's something that I've learned about myself since coming to college and it is this: I cannot doodle to save my life. Give me a pen and a paper and I will...take notes, write a letter, make a cootie catcher, or any number of things that do NOT include doodling. 

But if I class really is boring enough that I have to doodle (read: I am falling asleep), I will draw shapes. Geometric shapes. Usually in a concentric sort of way, so like this:



And those are usually the only ones I draw. Triangles, squares, circles. The end.
[I have a theory about how this might be a math major thing, but it is currently unproven so I won't bother you all with the deets. 
But I'm pretty sure it's a thing.]

Anyways, you might wonder why I'm bringing this up. 

It's because that was my header inspiration! I figured that if all I can art is geometry, I might as well use it to my advantage. I made it in Publisher with smart shapes, the Pantone color wheel, and fonts that I enjoy. Done and done. 




I haven't mentioned that there is a new header yet because I've been deciding whether or not I like it. And I love it more than my last one! (Which is good because I loved my last one except for the fact that it was off-white when everything else was stark white.)

So it turns out that my computer doodles are about as creative as my real life doodles. 

I am nothing if not consistent.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Copying! (but don't worry, I'll make it unique :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! :)

    Ps my old one was off white and turns out I needed to save it as a PNG

    ReplyDelete