12.26.2013

Finals

I finished my finals on Thursday of last week. They went well, thank goodness.

When we began this semester, I was so not invested in school, and it felt weird, and I didn't like it. Normally, I love college and I love being a student and new semesters feel like Christmas morning! But this semester's beginning was just so stressful with wedding decisions that I simply did not want to make myself do it. I blew off some homework assignments and some midterms (ok just one midterm and one accidental [read: forgotten] midterm). 

It looked like dire straits from there.

Fortunately, I had two excellent professors who taught me wonderful things and were very understanding about how engagements can affect grades and basically snapped me out of my funk. I started sitting in the front of my classes again, I talked to some people and made some new friends, and I even made comments in class! And I set a goal to end the semester with fantastic grades, despite the craziness. 

I fell back into love with learning. 

When finals rolled around, I was on the brink of A's in all my classes. If I could get an A on every final, I could get an A in every class. If I slipped into B or C range for my finals, I'd slip into B or C range for my grades. And while I consider B and C range to be perfectly fine in college (you should know that I never considered those acceptable for myself in high school), I had set a goal for A's, so clearly that was the only option for this semester.

I won't explain all the studying and mania and game-planning that went into my finals because that's boring, but I will say that, as in previous semesters, I did my darn best and hoped for a lil divine intervention. And guys, I think it worked out. 

Grades won't be officially posted until the last day of this month, but based on what I can see, I somehow got in the 90's for all my finals. It's a Christmas miracle! And I might cry over it. 

So anyways, it's been a great week. And not even just because of grades, but I'll save the other stuff for other posts. Right now I am just so thankful and feeling rather accomplished and wanting my posterity to know that they can do whatever they set their mind to. (Yes, you heard me, their collective mind. Ugh I hate it when I do that but I'm leaving it cuz it's funny.) 


Also, if you're wondering, Joseph killed all of his finals! This is nothing new because he usually kills tests, but we're happy about that too. 




Picture!

That is blurry us in a Christmas tabernacle on Temple Square on Saturday. Does Joe look like Luke Skywalker with his hair at that length? (Say yes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment