11.12.2011

So, funny story...

A couple weeks ago, my family and I went to Tucanos with a few birthday coupons and intentions to celebrate. However, I had a concert at BYU with a call time 30 minutes away, so I needed to quickly eat and go. My mother explained this to the waiter, and he very kindly took an interest in making my meal at Tucanos the best one I'd ever had. 


It really was very sweet of him. Unfortunately, the entire family noticed. 


We ate lots of meat and even more pineapple, drank Brazilian lemonade, and had a grand ol' time. Mr. Super-Nice-Waiter checked up on us a few times, but not excessively. At one point, the quote from Madeline was used in reference to his talent to converse: "He's got charisma!" (I'll admit it was true.) When I stood up to put on my coat and head out, he beelined it to our table.


It was very thoughtful of him. Unfortunately, the whole family noticed.




Him: "Are you leaving already?"


Me: "Well, yes, remember? I have to get to a concert. I'm already late for call time, actually, so I need to bolt."


Him: "Well if you're late as it is, why not be more late? Just stay and celebrate!"


Me: "I really should go..."


Him: "Oh fine. But you're my favorite!"


Me (a little thrown off): " ... Thanks, I'm flattered. And thanks for your great service today! And goodbye." 




It really was just so kind of him. Too bad the whole family noticed...




I didn't think much of it during or after the concert. In fact, I wouldn't have thought much of it probably ever if I hadn't learned the following: 


When I left, my father got talking to this waiter. They chatted about his mission, his family, his life in general. Dad thought he seemed pretty cool. Then, since the whole point of Tucanos was to celebrate birthdays, my family ordered brownies for dessert. Mr. Super-Nice-Waiter bragged that they had the best brownies in the world. Dad disagreed. He claimed that his daughter, "the one that had to leave, remember?", made the best brownies in the world. You can see where this is going, right? 


After some debate, my dad ended up with the waiter's number, and the waiter ended up with an invite to brownies on a Tuesday or Sunday evening in the future. Which means I need to make the best brownies in the world, and soon! Yikes.


Nothing has come of it yet, and we're now a solid two weeks past that day, but Dad brings it up whenever he and I are talking. I'll keep y'all posted if there are developments, but don't get too excited. 



Moral of the story: Never perfect your brownie-making skills, or your father just might set you up on a blind date based off of them. 

1 comment:

  1. It is a funny story...but I like my moral better, "Never leave your flirting scene unattended!"

    ReplyDelete