11.28.2011

Week of Thanks

Thanksgiving this year was absolutely wonderful. We went north for some quality time with cousins and aunts and uncles. So much family, so much fun. And the best news of all is that I had a camera the whole time! That means you get a total picture overload. Get ready.

Here's a little taste of our family's Thanksgiving (if you'll excuse the pun).


We  had plenty of indoor time. 


Took this while playing. Tricky? I thought so.


Bear-dog = Kenai. Love.


SO adorbs. They sat like this for a while of their own accord.

My best friend Lydia. (But like for reals.)


Rye's "horror film face." Cracks me up.

I match Mom by outfit, and I match Emily by personality. It's cute, ok?

However, the real fun was to be had in the great outdoors.
Welcome to the annual turkey shoot:


Rockin' those boots

I've never been very good at scenery photos...







25 points, somehow.




The "I just shot a clay pigeon on my second shot ever!" face, of course.

Wow. Overload indeed. Sorry. 
Also, I'm sorry that there is not a single picture of food here.

But it was more about family anyway, and seriously, we all had a great time! Not to be sappy, but I love my family and I'm thankful for the week I had with them. Nothing allows me to feel rested and ready to carry on like a week spent with family, no matter how great my friends may be. Here's to hoping this Thanksgiving becomes a tradition in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Kenai? My Malamute's name was Kenai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Your picture-taking skills are sublime. I especially love the photo of you in the boots! You look too cute. & your hair is getting SOOO long! Love it. Also, that last picture? Your eyes are fiercely blue. Jealous! Cute post, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete