2.27.2012

Color Me Mine

Last week for Monday night (family night) we went to Color Me Mine. It was technically Tae's birthday party, but there was no cake involved, so it's debatable as to whether we truly celebrated or not. Anyway, if you haven't heard of it, Color Me Mine is a place where you go paint some pre-made pottery, pay an arm and a leg and a firstborn child, and they fire/glaze it for you. It's totally a blast and totally something for people who are not perfectionists.


Considering I forgot to give myself my usual "I'll love it even if it's ugly" speech before we left the house, I was quite pleased with my project. Check it out:
Pretty neat-o, yes? You think everyone's celebrating Easter with the way all the colors are pastel in the store, but then you get your pottery back and some of those colors are straight from Dragon Tales or something (ok, favorite childhood TV show, I'll admit it now). I'm fairly convinced it's magic, whatever they do before they give it back to you.


I think Tae chose a lovely birthday party idea. I gained a perfect-sized mug for hot cocoa, which is especially beneficial at the moment because there are currently two inches of snow on my car and it's still snowing. Yay for the easiest winter in the world thus far! Dang for tomorrow morning. But that was a tangent. Thanks much to Tae and the padres for sponsoring our lovely FHE. All my pottery dreams have now been fulfilled. 


Alrighty, here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:
Rye got some nifty bangs in the car.
I don't know why I look so worried, but I thought that facial expression was hilarious. Pottery is serious stuff.
Jen and Little E, who is probably munching on Swedish fish.
With the birthday girl!
Mostly here to show off Rye's photo-bomb. It's pretty impressive.

PS: If you are wondering, I received four letters in the mail today, and life is blissful. Ok, that's all, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment