9.27.2012

happy happy happy

Today, I slept in on purpose. I'm wearing my excellent J.Crew jeans and my hair is in the most perfect first-time fishtail braid that ever existed. I passed my 2 technology skills tests for my major application (which means I can blog and use Microsoft Word, woot), and now I have an unexpected extra hour. My neck just popped, which I've been waiting for since last night. And as if all that wasn't enough, it's my favorite day of the week!

Today is just a great day.


I survived my crazy weekend, and now I feel like I have lots to blog about, but I can't think of specific things that have happened. But I can think of this story:
Yesterday, I left my car lights on for the whole day. My battery died. This was bad news because it was the one and only day of the week that I have to hurry home to teach piano lessons. But Jenna's friend/roommate, Kate, happens to park in the same lot as I do. And at this weird time, when we have never crossed paths until yesterday, she happened to be at her car. And she happened to have three boys and a set of jumper cables with her. And we were parked close enough that those cables reached without a problem. And my car was ready to go abnormally quickly. And I made it on time to piano lessons, which was a miracle.


You could say I'm pretty lucky, but I think it's more than that: I think I'm pretty blessed.
And I'm really grateful for my life right now because it rocks.
And I think I just wanted to stop in and mention that gratitude.
And now I need to keep doing homework.
But y'all go out and have lovely days now, y'hear? And if today isn't as lovely as it maybe could be, then I hope tomorrow makes up for it entirely.

Picture: this was in my "inspire." folder (so goodness only knows where I got it), and I love it:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, birds are so happy when they get french fries! Lovin' that there image. Also, I visited the ol' choir room yesterday and spent some time with your sister. She's a good'un. And I told her I recognized her from your blog which is slightly creepy but I don't care. Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well apparently I need to spend more time giving french fries to birds because that sounds like an experience that needs to be had! Also, my sister likes you as well, and she doesn't think you are creepy, and you have inspired me to give Timpariffic a visit in the hopefully near future. Hoorah!

      Delete