11.27.2012

Liebster Schmiebster

Well hey, apparently I'm getting an award. I don't actually believe in blogging awards, but I do believe in free post ideas, so...
This is from the lovely Annika Leigh, an amazing human being whom I've always admired for her kindness and her hair. Hey Annie, are you blogging while you're gone, by chance? Cuz I will miss your blog. 

And I'm going to just cheat here, and only do the parts I want to do. This is because I am a bona fide blog snob who can't be bossed around by awards! Ha!


Eleven things about me.
1 :: I am a pro at PROcrastination. And I like puns.
2 :: I dislike traveling/being away from my home. This is always true, but some days it only applies to traveling outside the country and some days it applies to traveling to Provo.
3 :: I am excited for one week from today, when the number of days until that one missionary comes home will be less than 200. [No, I have not been keeping track as meticulously as that sounds. There is another missionary who left on the same day whose blog I look at sometimes simply because his mom keeps a count of days at the bottom.]
4 :: I have excellent luck.
5 :: I also have a large cache of awesome jokes stored inside my brain. And I whip em out whenever conversation is slow. Like on dinner dates and stuff.
6 :: I pop my joints. [Ewww] My elbow and my knees and my ankles and my fingers and my shoulder and my toes and my neck. Isn't that awful? I didn't used to, and I don't like that I do now, but apparently not enough to fix it. 
7 :: "Never say never." Love, Mariah.
8 :: I want my wedding to be shot in film. This is just a phase. Or so I tell myself. 
9 :: I don't like sushi, but I've never tried it. But I don't like it. 
10 :: I don't have the most open of minds...
11 :: I taught my first math lesson ever to a real class today and it was a blast!! I think it's a sign that I'm in the right field. [Yes, this one is a cop out.]


Eleven answers to questions.
1 :: If you could do anything and money was no matter, what would you do?
This is supposed to be a change-the-world answer, huh. But honestly, I think I would do exactly what I am currently doing--going to school, serving in my church, and spending time with the people I love--because that is what makes me happiest. And because I believe that if I'm going to change the world, I might as well change it from where I'm already at.
2 :: What is your favorite memory?
I like to relive things on a regular basis (like every night before I fall asleep and then throughout the day as I think of them), which means I have lots of favorite memories at any given moment. One that seems to be everywhere lately is the first time a boy said he liked me, after a concert and over a shared grasshopper shake from Iceberg. That moment will always hold a certain charm because it felt so nice to be liked like that.
3 :: Who has made the biggest impact on who you are today?
My parents, of course. I have raved about them on here before, but they truly are amazing people and I want to be them when I grow up. And good news: studies show that I will be! Woot!
4 :: If you could be any celebrity, who would you be and why?
Well how about we discuss how many celebrities I even know stuff about. Cuz that number is zero. If Albert Einstein is a celebrity, I choose him.
5 :: Favorite holiday.
Easter.
6 :: Favorite movie. internet browser. 
I talk about my favorite movie way too much. So instead, my favorite internet browser is Chrome, thank you for asking.
7 :: Who is your biggest role model?
Oh heavens, I already said I want to be Mom and Dad when I grow up! But I'll add someone else...how about Albert Einstein? He's pretty cool and brilliant and stuff. [I know I already brought him up, just go with it, ok?]
8 :: Where is the best vacation location?
In my house. See #2 above.
9 :: What goals do you have for the next year? 
Straighten out my priorities. Learn to make myself do stuff I have to do before the point where I have no choice but to do it. Wake up to one alarm instead of four.
10 :: What were you like in high school?
Wouldn't this be better answered by my peers? If you're looking for a stereotype label for me, I was the "choir nerd." Or just "the nerd," actually. [I'm ok with that.] But in seriousness, I think I was probably a jerk in high school and I didn't have a darn clue about it. It's only been since I went to college that I've realized the world doesn't revolve around me. 
11 :: What makes you happy?
Letters and baby laughter.

Eleven people tagged.

Well....
If you read my blog, I tag you.



Take that, Liebster.

2 comments:

  1. you did not just go from movies to internet browsers. who does that?? and you forgot me as one of your role models, but i'll let it slide just this once. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I can't believe I totally forgot to put you down for that! How embarrassing...

      Delete