7.16.2014

Be ye slayed

by this song:




I have a blog post in my ancient draft archives (April 2013) which says in its entirety:


Uh oh. I think I might be falling in love with Mumford and Sons.

#HIPSTERMUSIC


And I thought about that post the other day in the car because I had a hipster music moment. By which I mean: I cared so much about that song at that moment and the emotion of it all that nothing else mattered much because I felt cool for just understanding Mumford. And--silly me--I tried to convert Joseph to the wonder of this song by singing it to (at?) him.

After a moment of loud and emotive singing:

A: You just need to hear that song, babe.
J: No thanks, babe.
*pause*
A: I'm a hipster, huh.
J: Yes, babe.

*hipster sobs*



So clearly Joseph wasn't convinced, but you should all listen to this song anyway because at 3:37 you will hear so much emotion that you may want to rip your own heart out of your chest. BE YE WARNED AND BE YE SLAYED.

No comments:

Post a Comment