7.04.2014

Summer manifesto

This is less of a manifesto and more of a to-do list, but I am okay with that. 

With Joseph, I plan to:
  - eat somewhere new, perhaps 180 Tacos or Black Sheep Cafe
  - memorize a Toto album in preparation for their concert in August (!!)
  - hike hike hike, which implies hopefully at least three hikes
  - celebrate Independence Day like true Provoans
  - go swimming? If it comes up.

On my own, I plan to:
  - move out of my parents' house once and for all! So long, stuffed animals and sentimentality.
  - drink lots of water
  - eat my 5-a-day, preferably with a 3-veggie/2-fruit combo on most days
  - read books, including some from the library (!!)
  - write to missionaries

I'm being pretty conservative with my goals this summer since it feels like it will be a teensy little thing. I'll still be working for a good chunk of every day, and Joseph will be working and going to school. I aimed for goals that we can accomplish without stepping too far outside our norm, and other than hiking (which we will have to plan deliberately), any of these can be accomplished during our normal day-to-day stuff.

As I write this, I am getting suuuuuper excited for Thursday at 2:00, at which time we will be done with all work and school obligations until Monday morning. AND IT'S GONNA ROCK. If you're reading this after 2:00, go ahead and feel a little celebration in your heart. I certainly will be feeling one in mine!

Okay, summertime. Here we come. Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. I am reading this at 1. No joy yet. Will report back.

    ReplyDelete