7.31.2014

Chocolate pudding cookies

I read this cookie recipe a few weeks ago and asked Joseph if he thought I should try it out. I started to explain that it involved M&M's, to which he promptly responded, "No, babe. Don't make them." 

Okay...

So I asked what he would think if I replaced the M&M's with some leftover white chocolate chips I've been wanting to get rid of. He jumped on board for that, but then clarified (after a pretty pregnant pause) that "the only thing that really matters is that the cookies have pudding in them."

What??

Well miracles of miracles, these cookies did indeed have pudding in them. So we made them. And I altered them. And we ended up with magical chocolate + white chocolate cookies that didn't last very long.
Of course, the recipe also only made one little cooling rack's worth of cookies, so they never really had a fighting chance. Also, yes I stood on a chair to take that photo.

I'm not sure if my modifications did this, but I thought these cookies had quite a bit of salty in all their sweet. I like that, but I'm guessing not everyone would. And although they were soft and gooey right out of the oven, they were a little crusty by about two days later. BUT I'm posting this imperfect recipe because a) it's a metaphor for life, especially life in the kitchen, and b) Joseph loved them, so I'll need to keep the recipe on hand. 

So! You can see the original by going here, but here's my modified version: 

Chocolate + White Chocolate Pudding Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3.9 oz. package of chocolate instant pudding mix (ours was Winco's off brand, so don't break the bank here)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 & 1/8 cup flour (it's a little strange, but 1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons, if that helps)
1 cup white chocolate chips


1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. 

2) Cream sugars and butter, then add everything else in the order it's listed above. 

3) Prepare a cookie tray in whatever way floats your boat and keeps your cookies from sticking (I lovelovelove my Silpat wannabes). 

4) Drop cookie dough chunks onto your tray (I just use a round tablespoon for all my drop cookies) and bake for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool (or not) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment