7.22.2014

Live the Book

How does my reading of the Book of Mormon influence the way I live?

Well, it doesn't much affect the activities I participate in. Whether or not I read the Book of Mormon on any given day does not change whether or not I pray, whether or not I go to work, whether or not I eat, etc.

But it does affect how I participate in those activities. When I choose to read the Book of Mormon, I am more sincere in my prayers, more honest in my work, more deliberate about my life choices, and generally more enthused about life. It's a good way to live!

The Book of Mormon's strength lies in the way it influences every part of a person's life, if that person is willing to allow its influence. It answers some questions directly in its pages, and it answers others by inviting the Spirit into the everyday. I know this because I have been guided by the Spirit in the middle of scripture study and I have been guided by the Spirit in the middle of cooking dinner, and both felt like natural answers to my questions asked while studying this book. 

Never has the influence of the Book of Mormon made me feel misguided or otherwise confused about how I can better live my life. Rather, it clarifies my purpose, which then clarifies my intentions, which then purify my thoughts and my actions, bringing me closer to Christ each day. I lovelovelove when I can feel the Book of Mormon seeping into the nooks and crannies of my life because I know it means that life--both how I live it and how I view it--is about to get even better than it currently is.

And who doesn't want that?


Idea and prompt from this missionary Facebook group 

No comments:

Post a Comment