11.19.2014

A winner of a dinner

Last week I made one of my favorite dinners I've ever made, ever.

So I'mma share it with you all because YUM.

Unfortunately, I have no photos because we are at the time of year when it's dark outside before I even get off of work. And goodness knows that the lighting in our apartment is not very conducive to food photos. I need more natural light in my life!

Okay, that was off topic. Food. We were talking about food.

Basically, I made these spicy peanut noodles from A Beautiful Mess, and then since I had thawed chicken waiting to be used, I added some of this curry chicken from McCormick. But because I apparently disdain following recipes word for word (seriously though, I think I have some problems respecting authority in the cooking world...), I made some modifications.

How I changed the peanut noodles: 
:: I used penne noodles because who even cares.
:: I did not use natural or sugar-free peanut butter as recommended. It seemed fine?
:: I dunno what "chili garlic sauce" is (is it sriracha?), but I added some red pepper flakes to the sauce and cooked my chicken with some garlic in its place. Seemed fine to me but clearly I have no clue what it would have been like otherwise.
:: I added just a bit of brown sugar to the sauce since somebody suggested it in the comments section. Probably was unnecessary because of the peanut butter I used, but whatevs.
:: I definitely used sesame oil to saute the bell peppers because I love it.
:: I doubled the recipe because. Just because.

How I made my curry chicken:
:: Goodness knows I wasn't gonna go freeze outside to grill this, so I just cooked it in a pan on the stove. 
:: As mentioned above, I added a few cloves of garlic when I cooked the chicken. 
:: And I cooked it in small chunks instead of as one big breast.

And then I threw everything in a huge bowl and stirred it up and ate three servings. No really, I filled my bowl three times that night. Joseph liked it a lot too! And we ate it for lunch and dinner (and a late night snack on one night) for the next three days. 

So yeah, this dinner is probably the best life choice I've made to date.


So go try it out! Lemme know how it goes! If you want to save it for later, you can pin it from my food board here. It has some of these modifications and the link to the curry chicken right there with it. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment