4.02.2012

I heart Google.

You may be aware (or unaware, I don't really know) that I have a little place in my heart that loves Google. 
I don't mean I enjoy Googling things, although that's pretty great, too. 
I mean I really like the company Google.
Those people are just plain fun.
Check out their workplace:
[via]

Also, they have fun tricks and tips hidden throughout their products. (Try Googling "anagram" or "recursion.")
And their philosophy sounds pretty solid, too. 
I have a secret life goal to work there someday, but I'd probably need to learn a few more computer skills first. Maybs my math background will help me out in some obscure way...


Anyway. The day of the year that I love Google very most is April Fool's Day. 
I noticed a few years ago that they can make a very convincing argument for a very ridiculous notion. 
Any company that sanctions the use of that much time for a mere prank is where I need to be!
I think they did a wonderful job this year. Check it out:
You can use two cursors at once.
You can try a really advanced search.
You can see Australia through the eyes of a kangaroo.
You can track site visits from other planets.
You can switch Qwerty for morse code.
And my personal favorite, you can own the YouTube DVD collection.

Oh my heavens, Google is wonderful. Happy April, fools.


Note: many thanks to this site for combining all of this year's pranks in one place.

4 comments:

  1. Google's where I wanted to work too when I was a math major! The perks are seriously the best. Please keep working towards this goal, because that would be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. I'm also considering becoming the next Mr. Jackson, so we'll have to see which one wins out.

      Delete
  2. Caleb works for Google. I am not-so-secretly jealous of all of those perks. He worked really hard to get there. The interview process was very long and required 9 interviews among other things. That said-- super worth it. As hard as he works, he loves working there and I know he loves the company. If you ever want a job there for realsies, lemme know. If you guys came to visit, I'm sure he could arrange lunch in their (free) cafeteria and a tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I'm jealous too! Kudos to Caleb.
      Also, anytime you hint at visitors, a little piece of me dies for wanting to come. My sisters and I are in cahoots. We will keep in touch on the subject. :)

      Delete