1.06.2014

Please advise

This semester, I'm enrolled in two classes which fill the same requirement (Civ II), and I have to decide which one I want to actually take. Wanna help me out?

One of them sounds mildly interesting to me. It's humanities, so supposedly it covers lots of different genres, and I loved the humanities class I took in high school. It also takes care of my Letters requirement for graduation, which is nice (it's a twofer!). The professor is a little strange and very disorganized, which scares me. I already know at least 4 people in this class (not on purpose, just because of weird circumstances). 

The other one sounds really interesting to me. It covers the history of learning in communities/cultures and how individuals learn--you know, individually. It's a fairly new way to fill this particular requirement, so it's kind of a pilot course, which means nobody knows quite what to expect. It's taught in a very "new age" sort of way, which just means I don't have to go to class on Wednesdays because I have an online assignment of readings and discussion board postings. There is a final project at the end, which of course makes me want to run far far away but would probably be manageable. 

If I stay in the the second option, I have to take another class next semester to fill my Letters requirement. I'm thinking Introduction to Folklore, which sounds like a boatload of bedtime stories for my posterity, or possibly a secondary education course about literacy which would be less interesting for my posterity but good for my major. Or maybe a CS Lewis class which apparently exists but I cannot yet find anywhere

If it matters (and it probably shouldn't), the first class is likely to be easier, but I'm not positive on that. 


Which one, which one??

As always, I deeply appreciate your input.
thanksloveyoubye


2 comments:

  1. Well if it were me, I'd go for the easier class. But school isn't my favorite. You enjoy school (& are rather good at it) so it all depends on if you'd rather have an easier class or harder class. Did this help? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go with the second one. That may be because I am an education major and wish I'd taken that class. Also, Nathan took the CS Lewis class last semester, so ask him where to find that one.
    -Chloe

    ReplyDelete