1.09.2014

Formals

I guess most people do these in advance (so they can have pretty pictures at their reception? I've never been sure exactly why, really.) but we took our formals in the week after the wedding because I just didn't want to show Joseph my dress before the day of! Also I wanted mountain-y, fall-color pictures and that would involve tromping through dirt, which is not a good idea for the white dress you only plan to wear once. Thus, you need to do all tromping after said dress has had its glory days. 

OH ALSO: I didn't plan for a separate formals bouquet of flowers (I know it came up in the consultation, but we hadn't chosen our photographer at that point, so...I guess I said no), but since formals were after the wedding, I could just grab the flowers from one of the centerpieces and call it a bouquet! In all cases, this turned out to be a good life choice. 

Anyway, here are a few way too many of my faves from the pictures we took that day. Photographer Amber knows AF canyon really well, so we followed her first up there to a magical bridge and then back down to a magical field. It was freeeezing but I won't complain because we were blessed with the best October weather ever known to Utah for our actual wedding day, so I guess this was the trade off. I'll take it. 

I lovelovelove the way these turned out. 




8 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I love your hair! SHOW ME MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are beautiful. Also.. I love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh my GORGEOUS" was literally my first thought seeing these. I miss seeing you at Campus Floral, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! These are STUNNING!
    Seriously, cutest pictures ever. He looks like a great guy, and you look BEAUTIFUL as ever! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! This pictures are amazing.

    Also: yeah, I didn't like the idea of doing formals beforehand, either. I wanted my dress to be a surprise, too! Caleb and I ran out and did them while y'all were eating until my dad came out and was like, "EVERYONE IS WAITING." Ooops.

    This idea is awesome, although our particular plan would have required more $$$ for a separate session.

    This is reminding me that I had a dream about framing my wedding photos last night. I take that to mean that my subconscious is impatient. Also that I should do it already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful!! I love your shoes, and I love all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH!! I love these! You guys are soooo cute! Ah seriously I'm dying. These are ammmmmmmazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, these are all so beautiful! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete