1.07.2014

In sickness and in health (but mostly in sickness)

Yesterday I was feeling pretty much done with illness and ready to move on to greater things (like homework) when I got home from work and found poor Joe laying on the couch looking a little sad. He said to me, "I think you gave me something." I wanted to cry. 

So instead of going grocery shopping and making pasta and cuddling up for a movie, I sat and watched him while he watched LOTR, and then I made Ramen for me and Malt O Meal for him. And then I forced it down his throat along with some Ibuprofen (because I used up all the Tylenol while I was sick) while we watched the last third of Tangled. And I let him have the couch because he was all feverish and I know how awful that particular fever feels because I had it last week. 

And then we stumbled off to bed.

And then today we woke up for 8:00 class because he seemed to think he just couldn't afford to miss the first day and I couldn't talk him out of it no matter what. But I suddenly had pink eye (plot twist!), so of course I skipped my class. I have very understanding math ed professors and I look a little scary today with my one red eye and no make up to help things out, so I emailed my teacher and I think that will be just fine. 

Did I mention that I coughed through the whole night?


Anyways, I am just so so ready for this whole thing to be OVER. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like everyone in the world is currently complaining of illness, so maybe we should all just agree to call today December 20th and re-celebrate the holidays and have no school or work for two weeks so we can all recover! Yes yes? I think it's a go.

2 comments:

  1. I AGREE!!! Hope your eye feels better. You're so sweet for taking such good care of Joe! I love you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't say you have me something, I said you contaminated me. That's much more intense. Also let it be known that a whole week later, Lys is still quite sick and I'm recovering a little

    ReplyDelete