1.10.2014

Citizenship

Today I reported a non-emergency to the police and I feel like I have significantly contributed to my community. 

There's this traffic light on 9th East that has a faulty green arrow. Instead of going green to yellow to red, it just goes green to red. There was almost an accident today because somebody in the back of the line accelerated to get through the light and then had to slam on his brakes because it was suddenly-and-without-warning RED. First I was like, haha sucka. And then I was like, ohmygoshthatguyalmostjustdied. So I reported the dumb light via the non-emergency Provo police number. (It was also at least the fifth time I've seen it do that, so I could no longer tell myself I was just being crazy every time I see it. I did not overreact, ok??)


I had to go to the BYU police department to get the non-emergency number because I don't know it in my head. Should I know that in my head? I only know 911 in my head, of course. But thanks to the kind lady at BYU, my phone now knows it in its head, which is basically the same.



Three cheers for safety!


2 comments:

  1. I am seriously considering writing a letter to my local police department asking them to ticket in my neighborhood for double parking, illegal lefts, etc. The driving in my neighborhood is so out of control. I suppose it is a safety concern in a roundabout way, but really I just want people to obey traffic laws so I don't have to hate driving in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete