7.27.2012

Hand-foot-mouth is almost as bad as swine flu.

Well, this was going to be my week to post a bunch of pictures of my adventures lately with family and friends, and then I went and got all sick. And I understand that blogging is one thing you can do while sick, but I'm kind of just really really super lazy. Fevers make me wanna cry. Also, I have an irrational fear that if I touch any of my stuff while I'm sick, it will get germy, and then when I come back feeling better, I'll get the same disease all over again. I know it's ridiculous, but I really do think that sometimes. Needless to say, my computer and I were living in separate quarters until today. 


But good news: today I feel great! I got out of the house and everything, so that is good progress. Except I just realized that I felt pretty good yesterday, too, and I left the house to go shopping, so part of the excitement here just became null and void. ANYWAY, I am on the mend and life is looking up and so I shall share some updates.




:: I got a new calling in church as 1st counselor in the Relief Society presidency of my ward. It's perfect timing. Everything about it is perfect. I'm so incredibly excited to get to know the girls in my ward better and to have the opportunity to serve them, and I just hope I can fill the place I need to at this time! 


:: This week is exciting because some amigos and I are watching a Harry Potter movie each night leading up to July 31, when we will watch both movies for book #7 and celebrate Harry's birthday with a cake and a party. Can I get a "woot" for the crazy party up in here?


:: My new bag arrived! Check it out:
I usually wouldn't do a photoshoot with it, but it was requested that I send a picture to the company I won it from when it arrived. Unfortunately, that was my worst day of sickness, and I was not remotely happy with actually getting dressed and being in pictures. But the bag looks great, eh? I love it with so much of my love right now.


:: I did some productive things, even while I was sick. Like I watched a movie with Dad that I've been meaning to watch since...a long time ago. (It's been just waiting on my bedside table where, sadly, a lot of things must wait a lot of long times.) And I read a book. And I started another book. And another book. I also managed to shower every day, which is good news. So I wasn't completely useless all week, people! (Of course, I know you weren't thinking that.)


:: I am rather enjoying this song and this song lately. Like really a lot.


:: I saw the new Batman movie today. That thing is stinkin' 2 HOURS and 45 MINUTES long!! Ok, I am not a huge movie person, just as a general rule, and I think every movie should be under two hours, just for the sake of wasting as little time as possible (yes, I just said movies are a waste of time, I'm sorry for it already, don't hate me ok?), so this one was a serious stretch for me to go to. BUT I did get to go with Madi, which was lovely, and it was honestly better than I expected, and Christian Bale is always a solid "yes," so...I suppose it was worth 5 bucks (matinee times rock). But heavens, that Batman stuff is pretty dark. 
Yeah, ok, I guess I could watch it again...


So anyways...that's what all's been going on round these parts. I'll be back in the near future with pictures of actual events, so feel free to look forward to that. And look Mom! I posted a blog post. :)


Ok, peace out.



9 comments:

  1. Alyssa, you're adorable. Such a pretty lass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're on the mend, cute dress, love the bag, christian bale is a babe, so proud of a fellow hp fan, and congrats on the new calling! you will be great. (here's to another one of our communications, via blog comments this time) peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaundra! I'm glad you agree with...everything. Peace to you as well. Unless you meant that slightly more "G" in which case, PEACE!

      Delete
  3. I like your dress! I have recently started to think dresses are fun, but San Francisco is usually too cold to wear them. Thick tights are my savior, but a yellow floral dress looks really weird with think black tights (obviously I have a yellow floral dress that I haven't been able to wear yet).

    Also, I can respect your feelings about movies because I have similar (but totally different?) feelings about entertainment literature. I'm not gonna lie: I watch a lot of television (though I don't see movies much), which is kind of terrible, but I guess I can't help myself. Caleb and I have watched, like, 3.5 seasons of Battlestar Galactica this month. I feel like if I am going to read, it should be something that will expand my mind, which means I pretty much never read novels. If I want mindless entertainment, I feel like I should watch a movie or TV so I can knock it out faster.

    That said, I probably spend more time watching TV than reading, so I think I am ruining my own thesis. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm awfully sorry about the yellow dress...maybe colored tights instead? You could rock a light aqua with that. And I get what you mean about the entertainment issue. My favorite is to just read a good classic, but I'm a terribly slow reader, so maybe I could try some "classic" movies for the sake of cutting my times. I hear ya, Joliene, I hear ya.

      Delete
    2. I should probably watch classic movies, too. I have never seen, like, Casablanca or Gone with the Wind. I feel like I'm supposed to have seen all that stuff and have Jurassic Park and Fight Club memorized, since apparently everyone in my age bracket does. While I have actually seen Jurassic Park and Fight Club, I've only seen them once and both a really long time ago, so I never remember the scenes people like to bring up. I spent my teenage years watching Buffy 75 times over instead of watching all of those movies everyone says I should have seen.

      Delete
  4. You look cute even on your sickest days. Not everyone can pull that off. Way to get a bag bigger than you...again. Joliene is funny with her stream of consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Joliene's comments, always. And you're too kind, and next time I even look at a big bag, just slap me. Thanks.

      Delete