7.20.2012

Please meet my newest most prized possession.



The other day, my mom found hidden in our piles of papers a true treasure:
It's the 4-leaf clover I found at the age of two!! I've been looking for this for years, no joke. And it came with a note from Grammie, which means we now know the real story of that day. All these years, my mom thought I remembered finding this clover, and all these years, I only "remembered" what people told me had happened. So now we have a direct witness (kinda). The note reads:
"5.14.95...Alyssa picked this from the back yard and brought it to me, not even being old enough to know it brings good luck. Years and years of good luck, little one."
And maybe it made me cry the best kind of cry. I miss my Grammie.





Oh, and then yesterday, I won a blog giveaway! 
So it looks like things are working smoothly as ever around here.


I almost bought a one-of-a-kind purse from AmyKathryn last week because I totally fell in love, but I restrained myself because I couldn't justify spending as much money as it cost on something that was more trendy than classic, even if it was all sorts of cute and good for the environment and would last more than a few summers. (I'm a cheapskate, and I'll be the first to admit it.) And then she hosted a giveaway, and I just had to enter, and then I saw this post, and then I wanted to scream with a lot of joy. 
This little lovely is on its way to my house now:
And I cannot wait for it to arrive. Hello, that whale tail??! LOVE. Many many many everlasting thanks to AmyKathryn, whose blog I will follow 'til the end of time! And since I'm a proud beneficiary, I'm going to go ahead and suggest you all follow as well. They're adorable. And maybe you'll win a future giveaway.
Seriously. So much love. 
This bag will be almost as prized as my 4-leaf clover.




P.S: We have our good friends from Japan in town this weekend, and we are having a party up in here! I just had to tell someone, so there you go. Pictures forthcoming...

2 comments:

  1. okaaay, cutest bag ever! the whale tale is adrobs.
    and congrats on finding your 4 leaf clover.
    and tell your japanese friends that your crazy friend shaundra says hello (or not, that's ok too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. I'll be sure to tell them! I might not even mention that you're crazy, cuz then they'll never know. :)

      Delete