7.10.2012

Maybe I'll change my major to animation



Last semester, my public speaking teacher told us about this new animation software soon to be released that could be used for future presentations in our public speaking careers, and she encouraged us to sign up as Beta testers on the website. I did so because it sounded fun.


Today I got an email from PowToon telling me I could finally try it out. (Ya know, cuz I've just been waiting and waiting and thinking about it every day.) I had nothing better to do, so I gave it a shot. And good news, folks: it is fun. I made this little soundless, pointless storyboard-type movie and uploaded it to YouTube in about an hour flat. And that's because I was being picky. Do you see how awesome this could be if I practiced more and poked around the website?? I see math presentations and FHE lessons coming together in minutes with the power of PowToon...


Anyway, if you have 46 seconds, feel free to watch this thing and let me know what you think. And if you're interested in trying it out, head over to PowToon.com! It's a blast, I promise. Comment if you do something; I'd love to watch!




4 comments:

  1. These were my thoughts as I watched this: "Money... lots of money... suitcase... Fire?! Oh no! No money! Women? Hooray!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah... Didn't really have a plot in mind until it was finished, ya know? So I'm glad that I at least got the point across ;) You're hilarious Erin.

      Delete
  2. I'm studying animation! And it's sooo fun :) If you like this PowToon, there's an Adobe product called After Effects that does something very similar! It's close to flash as well. Just fyi and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will totes check that out :) Thanks Tamela! (PS: Way cool major of choice you got there.)

      Delete