2.26.2013

Ode to Madi


Tomorrow, one of my best friends from ever in my entire life is going on a mission. 



These are some pictures of our friendship which I think the world needs to see:
[We've been friends longer than that one time we did NSO together, but my laptop is younger than our friendship and so these are some of the only pictures I have with me while I'm writing this. Madi, I think I gave us an equal amount of ugly and cute faces, but holler if you hate any of these because I'd hate for you to leave knowing that these are on the internet for everyone to see for the next year and half.]

I have debated over telling you all the history of our relationship, but I think that might not get to the point I want to make here. I'm not even sure what the point I want to make is, other than that I am going to miss that Madi a whole lot. 

One time she went to Spain for a year of school, and I thought it was bound to be the worst year of my entire life. Turns out that it was actually a blast to email back and forth and to Skype every now and then and to have a friend in SPAIN (hello, that's cool). But it stunk, too, because things changed, as things are simply wont to do. Thinking about Madi's mission is even scarier than Spain since things change way more and way faster now than they ever could or did in high school. It's all different from here on, guaranteed.

But! Madi is one of those excellent friends that you don't find just anywhere. She is as loyal as the day is long and she is the kind of honest everyone needs in a best friend. She's funny and she's brilliant and she's persistent (cue story of the KFC summer). I have no doubt that Madi will be my friend just as much during her mission and after her mission as she has been for these years before her mission. Even though life will be different, we'll work it out. 



I'm not very good at articulating these things, but Madi, I sure love you lots and I know you'll be an incredible missionary. I'm gonna be honest and say that I probably will cry for you, Argentina (please please tell me that you've heard that song or else that sentence is just weird). But I'll see you in a year and a half, and I promise I will keep you updated on all the local gossip until then! Cuz that's what friends are for.

Go get em, Sista!

Love you, 
--Lys.

2 comments:

  1. Madi is a doll. Good friends are the best. You two look like you could be sisters...kind like Rye and Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like Madi. Yay for Sister Missionaries!

    ReplyDelete