2.17.2013

Parte uno.

Remember how I went to Mexico? 
Well you probably don't because I never proved it with pictures.
You know how people always yell "PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN" on Facebook? 

Ok, mostly that's just when people get engaged. 
But still. 
Pictures.



We stayed at the Iberostar Quetzal resort, which looked like this:
Forever right outside our room.
Just look at the decorations in the background. I'm in love with those ornaments.
My classic flamingo/bridge pose, minus the "bridge" part.

We ate lots and lots and lots of food. The best part about "all-inclusive" is that you can get food at literally any hour of the day or night. The worst part is that you come back to America with 7-10 extra pounds. [True story.] I took lots of food pictures, but they all look awful, so I'll just show you one. This next picture was my absolute favorite thing about our entire week in Mexico:
I don't know what the heck they put in this bread, and I know that goopy stuff looks suspicious, but it was so good. I would gladly live in Mexico if this bread was a guaranteed part of the deal. And I am totally craving it all of a sudden.


[Also, while we're speaking in absolutes, these were the single worst part of Mexico:
I'm not even kidding when I say that I am positive that Satan invented TOPES. They look harmless enough but these things are no fun to drive over. If Mexico has these everywhere, it's possible that even that bread couldn't get me to live there.]


Ok back on a more positive note, the other great thing about "all-inclusive" is the drinks. I got really really good at telling bartenders sin alcohol because according to my wristband color, I could have all the alcohol I wanted.
And since I chose this picture, will you please look at the sunburn on my collarbone? We couldn't fly with a huge container of sunscreen, so we brought little sunscreen sticks. They worked really well on any body parts where you were meticulous about covering every inch...and they left everywhere else with tiger stripes. It was pretty much hilarious when we all got back from our first beach day.

This is a flower:

And this is after Mariah and I tried the in-resort restaurant sushi because we felt rude just leaving it there. It was gross, and now I can say that I don't like sushi and yes, I have tried it and sotheretakethat!

So that's pretty much it as far as day-to-day/inside-resort stuff went in Mexico. I'll post about our outings and beach trips in a different post.


1 comment: