2.16.2013

On Valentine's Day

Ok well I'm not posting this ON Valentine's Day (obviously). But I mean on the TOPIC of Valentine's Day.
I don't even know why I bothered to clarify that.
Anyways.

So Valentine's Day happened, right? And obviously this year I had no valentine (y'all would have known, I assure you). However, it was pretty much rockin' this year to be single.

:: Free chocolates from the Bookstore.
:: Free flowers from Men's Chorus.
:: Free socks from...my mom.
:: Free compliments from at least a couple guys on campus.
:: Fondue dinner and dessert with my family.
:: And, well, a really productive evening for homework. 

I feel like that's a pretty darn good day by anyone's standards. 
And if I'd had me a valentine, the only thing from that list which would have still happened would probably be the socks. Which is fine because I love socks, but let's just be honest here--chocolate always wins. 

Ok but really, all I'm really trying to say is that Valentine's Day doesn't have to stink even if you're single. I get really annoyed by people who get annoyed by Valentine's Day. You know the type who insist on celebrating Singles Awareness Day? They kind of get under my skin a little bit. Valentine's Day is not about making single people feel awful, and it's terribly selfish to see it that way. I vote that single people stop seeing V-Day as an excuse to be miserable and starting finding ways to get free stuff like I did :)

And I realize that this post helps no one for another 363 days, but whatever. I promised a Valentine's Day post, so a Valentine's Post you get!
(Mexico post coming tomorrow.) 





In other news, I just saw this Jimmy Fallon moment and died laughing:

2 comments:

  1. one of my roommates was celebrating GALentines day with some of her friends. They weren't making it a Single Awareness day it was more I'm single, but an "I've got amazing friends and that's what counts" kind of day. And free stuff is always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Galentine's Day! I like it. What a fun idea!

      Delete