5.05.2014

List of thoughts

This is a weird list where almost everything could be its own post, but I couldn't decide which one to write, so I synopsis-ized them all. Happy Sunday evening to me, I suppose!

:: Scheduled blog posting is my new favorite thing. Funnily enough, I always suspected that it might be, but it sounded hard to start. In the overwhelming gratitude for at-home wifi which came with our Google Fiber, I sat down one night and wrote two extra posts beyond the one I wanted to post that night. And that was all it took to start me off on scheduled posting. Lovely lovely lovely.

:: Blendoku is my other new favorite thing. SUCH COLORS.

:: I so appreciate my husband and I don't post about it very often. I feel weird about spouse brags because I am on a quest to "kill the comparison beast" in my life this year, and any form of brag just doesn't lend well to this mentality. But I do appreciate Joe because he does so much for our lil family, and I now wonder if occasional public mentions of this fact are not actually bragging, but just...love. I love him. I love him a lot.

:: My suspicion that our house would be smokin hot during the warm months just as it was during the cold months was completely accurate. Three cheers for windows open! (And three boos for allergies.)

:: I feel ridiculous about this, but we are just now almost done (for reals this time) with our wedding thank yous! I could make a myriad of excuses for the delay, but I just won't. I do realize that courtesy demands a much earlier send-out of these cards than the couple's seventh monthiversary (yikes), but I have to keep telling myself that our gratitude will last forever, so a belated thank you is better than none at all. We really have been so so blessed by the generosity of others, and I don't want the opportunity to recognize that slip by. And bonus: I suddenly have a deep appreciation for the thank you cards I have received for random stuff in my past. 

:: Here is a song that I have come to love (and enjoyed having stuck in my head all weekend) because of Pandora. There might be a post about Pandora in the future because I have not always loved it but now I do, like, a lot. But anyway, this song has a super catchy chorus that also is calming? Maybe that's not an accurate description. If that's not really why I love it, then it's because it reminds me of something from my childhood. It's all hard to pinpoint! Anyway, song:





Hope that everybody's weeks are off to a great start! Everybody in the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment