10.17.2011

Nose Goes!

Side note: We played Nose Goes in American Heritage today. I proudly claim that I started it. 


Anyway, this title relates; I swear. You know how Nose Goes is the replacement for the old standard "Onetwothree NOT IT"? Well, I didn't expect to be "it" in this blogosphere game of tag, and there are lots of bloggers who haven't been tagged yet, so I'm starting nose goes so I don't have to tag anyone else. It's called slacking. 


But I digress. I've been tagged by Shaundra, and I try to never leave an idea for a blog post in the dust, so here we go!




7 Random Things
by Lys

1. 
I once wrote a scholarly English paper relating The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway to the journey of weight loss. It got full credit and an admiring comment from my most difficult teacher. 

2. 
I have never seen LOTR. Or Hitch. Or all those movies that everyone has seen, and "How have you not seen that?!" Except Star Wars...I have seen each of the Star Wars movies once. Claim to fame, right there.

3. 
My real claim to fame doesn't exist. But my mom once sang with the Carpenters on stage, in concert. I think that's coolio.

4. 
I survived the Swine Flu. And I assure you it was survival indeed. I was quarantined. Hear you me: few things will boost your self-esteem like a solid week of quarantine. (Plus, I contracted the virus on my first date. If you want to hear a good story, ask for that one.)

5.
I like to think I'm a leader. 

6.
My all-time favorite song is "Faithfully" by Journey. Nickelback has some close contenders, though (like this one and this one).

7.
My all-time favorite movie is What's Up, Doc? And nothing comes even remotely close.




A picture, to spice up this rapidly-turning-snoozefest blog: 



(Yikes, I know.)

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture! And I remember the swine flu story! Good times. I'm so very glad you survived it. I miss you. Thank you for your amazing blog posts. They keep me very entertained. Love you!

    ReplyDelete