10.23.2012

Tests and money and cats

What I'm thinking about tonight:

1) Do you think of spaces as going after words or before words? Or are they simply in the middle of two words? I think of them as after words unless I am texting someone because my phone, apparently, thinks of spaces as a pre-word activity. Maybe my phone is left-handed?

2) Tonight I took my first test in the music room of the testing center. Fun fact #44: they don't actually stick to classical music very well at all in the music room. Anyone who tells you they play classical music clearly has never considered the difference between a Beethoven sonata and the Sound of Music soundtrack. 

3) That test didn't go very well, and can we just skip to winter semester now please?

4) Maybe I'll get a job someday so I can have money so I buy cool software before my student status is gone with all the pretty discounts that come with it.


5) All my lists that I post on my blog follow essentially the same format: 2 things I actually came here to say, 1 thing that relates to the #2 thing, and 2-3 things that I kind of just scrounge around for so I can pretend I actually thought about them that day when really they were topics from my brain last week that never made it onto paper/internet/permanence. And then I add a picture (usually irrelevant): 

And that is how I write my go-to blog post. 

4 comments:

  1. They have a music room at the testing center?! Is that the one upstairs? If I were still in school I would never EVER go in there because when I listen to music my ability to think straight kinda goes out the window. I usually am only able to focus on the song/piece and whether or not I either love it or hate it (there's no place in between), so having to take a test while doing this would be disasterous for said test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is upstairs. I converted because I realized that I often waste a lot of time during testing just sitting and singing in my head whatever happens to be stuck there. It's hard to do calculus when Justin Bieber is demanding your attention or when you want to figure out the solfege for that one Women's Chorus song. So instead I just tune out my own distracting music with external music; for some reason, this is easier.

      I know it makes no sense.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That was very random, but it was a good kind of random. Your thoughts on spaces before words or words before spaces is a little confusing, and something to think about. Love the picture of the cat. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the random! I would get you that cat for Christmas if I happened to know where to find it or something. :)

      Delete