5.15.2013

GeoGuessr: funner than it sounds

[Because I realize that "GeoGuessr" sounds like educational software for 5th graders.]


Confession: I definitely just spent 30 minutes playing this awesome game instead of doing homework.
Here's how it's played: 
:: Google puts up a picture of somewhere in the world
:: You guess where in the world that would be
:: They tell you how far off you were
:: You get points for being closer to the real answer
:: Repeat times 5


So if you're, like, bored or something, you could try it out...
Even if you're not bored, you could still try it out. It takes <5 min to play!
BUT TELL ME YOUR SCORE. 
Because obvi I want to begin a Leader Board over here.

Ok that was a joke, but I really am curious how people do at this thing cuz I feel like I guessed randomly on every picture. 
How would anyone ever actually know all these places?
Have any of you seen enough of the world for this to be a breeze? Go forth and show me up.


And...that's all for tonight. Back to homework.

4 comments:

  1. All righty. So, first try I got like... 5000 something or other. 2nd try i got 9140! oh yeah! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I love this. I scored 19510, but only because I get all CSI and scan the picture for clues as to where it might be... You know, like store and street names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa Shirley, I am now addicted to this and have played way too many times. My highest score is 22405. I feel like a stalker, but on a worldwide scale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scratch that 22759. Curses, this thing is SO addicting!

    ReplyDelete