5.12.2013

Mother's Day 2013


Tonight at ward prayer the get-to-know-you question was: "What is your favorite thing about your mom?"

I answered:

"I love my mom because she is literally my best friend. Also, she is the most calming influence in my life, which I really need because I get worked up over stuff easily. I love her."


I didn't realize this fact about our relationship--how Mom is the one to calm me down--until they asked that question and then that answer came first to mind. But it is so true! I tell her every stupid detail about all my woes and then she gives me comfort and advice, and then I cry (or sometimes I don't cry) and say, "I know," because I think that's all I need. But she doesn't stop consoling me because she knows I need to hear more. And she doesn't get bugged by the fact that I always claim to already know everything she has to tell me. (That would be annoying; sorry Mom.) And she gives me a hug, even though we don't always hug a whole ton in my family, because she knows when I need one anyway.


She is a saint.
I could never, ever, ever doubt that Mom loves me.
And guys, I love her too.
I just needed to say that.
[Don't worry, I tell that to her face a lot.]





Happy Mother's Day to all, and to all a good night.





1 comment:

  1. that is literally the exact way i ended my mother's day post. presh/weird.

    ReplyDelete