3.14.2012

3.1415926535...

Quick! Name that number!

Today, ladies and gents, is...Pi Day!
(March 14 = 3.14 = π)
It is also Albert Einstein's birthday, oddly enough.

When you are a math-y major, you get to celebrate holidays like Pi Day.
I volunteered to help out with the festivities in Brigham Square with my friend Kylie.
We were supposed to be with the pi eating contest, but I somehow got stuck one table over, at "Pi the Professor."
You know, that game where you throw fake pies at professors' faces?
Yeah, that one.
Anyway, turns out that it was the messiest station I possibly could have chosen.
I walked away smelling like whipped cream. Yum.

BUT. It was seriously such a fun day.
I had no clue that people actually cared about Pi Day!
The lines at every station were full for the entire two hours I worked.
The professors almost enjoyed receiving a pie to the face.
We sold tons of Pi Day 2012 t-shirts (one of which you can see below).
Overall, it was totally a success story.

And then when I got home, Mom told me I should make a pie to eat for dessert. 
Guys. We never have dessert on a Wednesday.
This is big.

So I made one! Check it out:
I know it  looks like I photoshopped it in there, but I promise it's real.

And it was super easy and fairly tasty, so here's the recipe:

Easy No Bake Coconut Cream Pie
1 pkg (5.25 oz) vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups coconut
8 oz. Cool Whip (or something similar)
1 9-inch (?) pie crust

Mix pudding and milk; let it thicken a bit, but not completely. Fold in half of the Cool Whip and 1 cup of the coconut. Spread the mixture into the pie crust. (Note: I'm not entirely sure on the size of the pie crust because I'm writing this from memory. But everything else is for sure, and just use whatever pie crust you can get your hands on.) Then spread the other half of the Cool Whip on top, and sprinkle the remainder of the coconut. (I used less than 1/2 cup on top for sprinkling, and it was fine.)


Hope y'all had a lovely Pi Day, wherever you're at! 

No comments:

Post a Comment