3.07.2012

Why I Hate Apples

Because one time, I lost my first tooth in an apple.


Mom was at a meeting, and Dad offered me a nice, shiny apple for a snack.
(I don't think he knew about the tooth.)
And he joked while he handed it over that the little hole on the side probably meant there was a worm inside. 
And I was no fool; I'd seen those little clipart pictures: 


So I believed him, because clearly, these things happen all the time.

I was, like, 6, ok?!

Anyway, I suffered from mild paranoia while I carried my apple to the kitchen table to enjoy it.
I took my first bite.
I felt something squishy and bloody and disgusting in my mouth.
And I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I had nailed that worm.
And I probably screamed and cried; who really knows anymore.
Dad brought me a sauce pan so I could spit the worm out.
And I spit, and I spit, and I spit, but that nasty squishy thing was going nowhere.
And then Dad calmly said, "Alyssa, smile at me."
I bet the look on my face was priceless; this was no time for smiling.
But I did it anyway because I was a bit of a daddy's girl.

And he said, "You just lost your first tooth."
I mourned. 
At least, that's what I claim the tears were for.
They were actually pure hysteria, but whatev.

Trust me, you would hate apples too if such a traumatic experience was in your past.
The end.



Stay tuned, folks. 
Someday I'll tell my first date story on this here bloggy blog.
And that one really takes the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment