6.28.2014

Search the Book

There are many verses of scripture that have become favorites as I've searched the Book of Mormon, but today I'll just share one lil favorite of mine.

It is found in 2 Nephi 25:26, and it says:
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
I love the idea of recording my life. I keep a journal and I write this blog and I Instagram stuff every now and then because keeping a record of life in this moment is important to me. The things I think, the things I like, the things I dislike, the people I'm with--all these are likely to change as time passes, and I want to look back to see what and how and why they changed. It helps me see and appreciate progress in all its forms. 

I'm thankful for the records kept by generations past, both ancient and close to home. I can learn reading from the stories of others just as much as I can learn from remembering my own story. This is a large part of my love for the Book of Mormon.

What I love to read and record the very most, however, are stories which include miracles and testimonies of Christ. I believe that everyone can find miracles if they keep their eyes open. I want to watch for and record those miracles, attributing them to their true source as a testimony for my posterity. (You think I'm kidding when I mention that my blog is for posterity, but I'm only kidding by about 5%.) I have felt the power of Christ's atonement in my life. I want to record that feeling and those life changes, "that [my] children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." This is important. Of all that I love to record, this is the most important

I hope that my children and grandchildren will be able to say from reading my writings that I did talk of, rejoice in, and preach of Christ at every opportunity I could find.





Idea and prompt from this missionary Facebook group 

1 comment: