6.06.2014

Stuff I learn 3

:: Brining your chicken works really well if you do it right. Put a couple chicken breasts (frozen or thawed) in a gallon-sized bag with a tablespoon or two of salt. Fill the bag with warmish water, zip it up, and move things around just a bit to stir 'em up. Put the whole thing in a bowl in the fridge and let it sit there for 3 or 4 hours. Then drain the bag of the water, rinse the chicken, dry it off, and use it for whatever great chicken plans you may have. You will have the most tender chicken you have ever experienced, probably. (I did, anyway.) Three cheers for brining!


:: Alma 26:16, 36 says, "Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? ... If this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation." I read this during my scripture study the other night and it so perfectly described how I feel lately. Sometimes I'm a little shy about posting religion on my social media (more so on Facebook than on my blog), but what reason do I have to be like that? 

So now to the technical "stuff I learn" part of this: Last Saturday the missionaries visited and helped us set up some social media missionary work. I literally had no clue how to link my blog to my Mormon.org profile, but it turns out that asking the missionaries really works! They helped me set it up in a jiffy. Click on the Salt Lake temple picture over on yonder right side bar or follow this link if you wanna check it out. Ten points to Gryffindor if you find my typo (and 50 points to the house of your choice if it's not the one I'm thinking of).



:: A "jiffy" is an actual measurement of time, and it means different things depending on what field you're in. My favorite definition is "the time it takes light to travel one centimeter." Thank you, Wikipedia.


No comments:

Post a Comment