6.20.2014

Stuff I learn 4

:: I finally had to learn how to change a flat tire this last week. There were no extreme circumstances involved, thank goodness, and now I won't just break down and cry if I ever need to pull over to change one myself. At least, I hope that won't happen... In any case, it's good news that I know this new skill.

:: Time and distance become equivalent terms when you are trying to see things really far away. This is because light takes time to travel to our eyes from wherever it originates. If an object is millions of lightyears away, it takes millions of years for that light to reach our eyes. Meanwhile, however, that object is morphing and growing and getting older, so it no longer looks anything like what we finally get to see. Thus, we look back in time when we look far away. Distance = time.

:: All of Star Wars takes place in one galaxy's worth of space. 

:: Berries smell like you expect them to if you just wash them and stick them in a food container for a while. I always thought artificial flavors/smells/whatever must be based on fiction because no blueberry in its little holey plastic thing smells like blueberry muffins. BUT I have been pleasantly surprised all week as I have brought my berries to work as a snack and discovered wonderfully summery aromas coming out of my Tupperware. I also learned from a friend recently that apparently concord grapes taste just like artificial grape flavoring. Maybe that should go the other way around. Oh well. I'm just saying that it's nice to know that my fruit snack flavors weren't just arbitrarily decided at some uncertain point in the past.

Berry sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment