5.27.2020

Day 50/100

Today is the midway point on my #100dayproject! An honest assessment: I'm losing some of my steam for sure. But also...I'm cool with that.

Just a couple weeks ago I mentioned how the main value of these 100 days will likely be the historical value of daily thoughts filtered through COVID as the world adjusts to "our new normal." If I still believe that (and I do), then I should clue you in that--for all intents and purposes--my new normal is already here. I see my family and Joe's family regularly on Sundays. It's summertime so my job is out of session. And my mental health is no longer swinging wildly like it was at the end of March. Hooray! COVID is definitely still relevant, but it's no longer controlling my life.

Since I have already achieved my main 100-day goal in these first 50 days, I'll need something else to keep me going for the next 50. Alternatively, I'll need to slow my posting to not-necessarily-every-day and switch to posting what I find to be actually valuable. I'm thinking I'll choose the second one? But I need a day to voice that and see how it feels before I decide officially. I'm not one to give up easily, but I am one to give up when it makes sense. (And a 50 day project is still pretty cool.)

Friendly COVID reminder to anyone who needs to hear it: You can start a project anytime! You can drop a project anytime! You can accept a challenge, and you can take a rest! You don't have to do both. (You are welcome to do both if it suits you.) You could be someone new on the other end! You could be infinitely more of your wonderful self on the other end. You can feel like it's already the end. You can feel like it'll never end! It's all allowed. You are allowed. You are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment